Dutasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor medication, and it is FDA approved for use in men with an enlarged prostate, or BPH.
But, some doctors are using this medication off-label to treat male pattern hair loss as well.
Dutasteride is in the same class of medications as Finasteride, the only prescription medication approved for treating male pattern hair loss. Both of these medications work by blocking the 5-alpha reductase enzyme to help reduce the amount of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body.
DHT is a hormone that has been found to increase the size of the prostate, and also damage hair follicles leading to androgenic alopecia (male or female pattern hair loss).While both of these medications do a good job of reducing the DHT amount in the body, studies show that Dutasteride may reduce DHT significantly more than Finasteride.
If you are interested in seeing if Dutasteride may be a good option for your male pattern hair loss, we outlined the required steps and common questions regarding buying Dutasteride online below.
In all situations, Dutasteride is a prescription-only medication in the United States. So, any websites or sources claiming to sell you Dutasteride without a prescription should be avoided.
This is to protect your safety as there are potential side effects and interactions with nearly all medications, and a doctor will need to review if a medication is appropriate for you, your current conditions, and the medications you are already taking.
If you are planning on getting Dutasteride online, you need to take the steps to make sure you are getting the real medication, after consulting with a doctor, which has been dispensed from a real U.S. licensed pharmacy.
Telemedicine companies, such as Strut Health, work with U.S licensed doctors to prescribe your medication, if appropriate, after reviewing your medical history and hair loss goals. Then, the prescription is given to a U.S. licensed pharmacy to fill your prescription with medications sourced from licensed pharmaceutical vendors and shipped straight to your door.
Working with legitimate telehealth companies is the only way to ensure you are getting legitimate medications that were properly stored and distributed, while also make sure that both a doctor and a pharmacist have reviewed your prescription for accuracy and appropriateness.
If you find a source online that does not work with prescriptions, doctors, pharmacists, and pharmacies, you cannot be sure that it is safe and secure.
At Strut Health we offer Dutasteride capsules to be taken by mouth, or compounded topical Dutasteride formulas to be applied to the scalp once daily. You can see if a Dutasteride prescription for hair loss is a good fit for you in a few easy steps.
1. Complete your free online consultation - Take 10-15 minutes to tell us more about your hair loss, goals, medical history, and current medications. Plus, we ask that you send in a few images of your hair so that we can see the current state of your hair.
2. A doctor will review your information - One of our U.S. licensed doctors will then review your information, see if hair loss treatment is a good option for you, and then put together a formula for you. If you are a good candidate for treatment, your prescription will be issued to a U.S. licensed pharmacy.
3. Your prescription will be put together at a pharmacy - A U.S. licensed pharmacy will then put together your prescription and a pharmacist will review everything for accuracy and quality. If you were prescribed a topical compounded medication, your formula will be compounded at the pharmacy by hand by pharmacy technicians or pharmacists.
4. Your prescription will be shipped to you - Your medication will then be shipped in discreet packaging to your front door. With Strut Health, your shipping is free.
5. Free unlimited follow-ups - Part of delivering great healthcare is being available for questions, concerns, or potential dosage changes throughout your treatment. After you receive your medication, you can follow up with our staff and doctors anytime for free.